Girl Scout Leaders?

It will be a few years before my kids are in scouts, but I was considering maybe being a Girl Scout co-leader. Does anyone else do this? How much of your time does it take?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I was a leader of a Brownie troop for 2 years and it wasn't bad. I had great co-leaders and after a few months, we split the leading. I was a co-leader for a Jr. troop last year and it was easy. This coming fall I will be leading the Jr. Troop and the old leader will be my co-leader. There is a training you have to take for this area, but it is very easy...attend a class for 3 hours--2 sessions.
    my4pumpkins

Answer by my4pumpkins at 9:37 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• It's not too bad, but is definitely something for a sahm or wahm who has more time than others. It was hard for me, cause I could never really be there to do things. I also found that the leaders were very "clicky"..maybe not that way anymore. Mom did it too, and she hated it, but then again she had a full time job too. You will probably fit in better than we did!
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 7:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• GSA supports pro-choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Jul. 12, 2008