What are my chances?

We had an oops moment last night and I was wondering what my chance is of getting pregnant are? I'm still nursing my 6 month old who isn't yet on solids, and I haven't gotten a period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Anytime you are not using birthcontrol and you are having sex there is a chance at pregnancy.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 1:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If you don't have a period, you can't estimate your fertile days.
    You need a doctor for the missing period part.

I'd say that with no period maybe you can't be pregnant, as there is no indication
    of a proper ovulation & discharging of the old ovaries.

lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• You can get pregnant, The chances are like 1/10 but there's still a chance of it.
    Sahaira

Answer by Sahaira at 1:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I thought that nursing is suppose to act as a type of birthcontrol. I'm not sure that is what I read some where.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 2:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• 50/50 either you will or you won't. I don't think you'll end up pregnant again unless you are hyper fertile. Take a test in a couple of weeks or so if you start getting symptomatic. But no, breastfeeding is not a reliable birth control. it does suppress the hormones needed to get pregnant, but it's not extremely effective. i didn't get a period until my DD was 18 months old and that is perfectly normal. Some women are like that. Just be sure you don't have another "Oops" if you aren't looking to have another right away.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• You can get pregnant while breastfeeding
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:25 AM on Mar. 9, 2011