A Romantic Fool in a Tough Man's World !

Being Romantic is not always a good thing - not now adays !

When we first dated with my DH, he'd listen to very sad songs, usually about a cheater woman, now being with someone else (the bad guy), leaving the good guy behind, suffering, unable to forget her.

After abt 6 months I told him "honey, why don't we also listen to happier music?"

He resisted... I found out that in the past he's had a sad love story with a cheater woman, who was so much older than him yet she cheated on him.

* * *
During our courtship he's never put nice, romantic music for us to dance or make love. He'd tell me he's a practical guy.

We got married...

Yesterday, I saw that in his computer he's got a collection with SAD, SAD love songs, again about a mean, unfaithful woman.

I feel this is unfair, to devote all these sad songs over a cheater, and in 2 years of being with me, not to bother to buy a lousy CD with a love songs collection, just to make me feel better....

I'm not blind, I've found the condoms, the candles, the sad music... Don't you think he should try to please me by getting rid of this stuff that remind him of a MUCH OLDER, CHEATER.. ?

He says he's proving his love for me in other, practical ways. he's married to ME, not her.
But, I'm a romantic person, and in my heart I suffer ...........

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• Sounds like he has unresolved feelings about the situation...
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The two of you need couples counseling, to learn to deal with this; if he won't go, you should go alone

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Maybe he sees you as secure and good wife material but he sees her as his soul mate. Not being mean but it sounds like he's in love with her.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like he needs closure b4 he can go on w/his marriage to you and he may need counseling to get over the ex.
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 4:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011