WHAT ARE YOUR CHEAP DECORATING IDEAS?

For me that would Pictures and colored Paint/ yours????????????

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Rearranging everything to give it a different look
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Multi-purposing different pieces and Garage Sale makeovers..... I recently bought a pair of iron candle holders from a garage sale... they were painted 1995 Country Blue and wrapped with mauve, silk flowers..... sanded them down, repainted them "Aged Copper" and attached modern lamp shades.... wah lah! Beautiful little faux lamps for a table. (total time.... 20 minutes - total cost, less than $20 for two pieces of table decor.)

And some of my favorite garage sale finds are antique water pitchers that I used for flower vases. (Hint - I love to go to garage sales and look for things that I can use for a purpose other than it's intended purpose)

But paint can be cheap and do a LOT to change a room. Even if you don't change the contents of the room.... pull a color out of the rug, or the drapes or even pull a color you love out of a pillow - it'll work and make everything look fresh and re-vibed.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• true shelby share a lot!
    also, you can buy awsome wall decor at the 99cent store :)
    i never bought some, but they have cool designs.
    if you dont have a 99cent store in your area, google it, i think they ship!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Mirrors are also a great way to make your room look bigger. This article I found on Croscill-Living.com suggests throw pillows, fresh flowers and new window treatments... it had some great insight: http://croscill-living.com/get-inspired/tips-trends/how-turn-your-living-space-drab-fab
    amandag618

Answer by amandag618 at 11:04 AM on Mar. 8, 2011