What do you do is this case?

Your SO of many years has an affair. Won't stop the affair. Suggest therapy, won't go. Suggest family intervention, they won't help. Suggest date nights, going away, self help books, websites. May try for a week or two but then quits and goes on seeing the lover. You live a very nice life. So you turn a blind eye to do it or leave?

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• I myself couldn't deal w/ it but, if u can stand it and live a nice life stay. But, I would have some ground rules and do u still have children at home, that could also, make a difference.
    pswiley

Answer by pswiley at 1:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If you like your life, whatever it is about it that makes it nice & don't really care about him stepping out -Stay put. If you don't like it, you'll have to make your plans, save money, look for someplace to live & go. Not married? No kids? Basically not alot of decisions on paper.
    etown2reds

Answer by etown2reds at 1:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't be able to handle it, kids or not.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 1:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I lived that. I was married to my ex for 17 years. He started the affair, I found out about it. He wouldn't stop. I couldn't be belittled in that way. I divorced him.

Four years later, I own my home. I have my son with me. I'm involved in work that I love. No life style or money was going to keep me in a situation like that.

If you're going through something like this, stay strong!
    Onmyown2727

Comment by Onmyown2727 (original poster) at 1:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would leave. Its obvious he does not want to be there.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would get a good lawyer and leave
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'd leave for sure - the ongoing issue would bother me more than anything, I think.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I couldn't handle that. I'd get a lawyer and file for divorce. I'd petition for custody and the house, too.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If he loved her more than me why would I stay and be disrespected? I'd leave

Answer by admckenzie at 3:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If it were me I would probably leave, because he chooses to be with the other person instead of you. Sorry but that is how I would feel.
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 3:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011