Are there legitimate survey companies out there?

I am still on a quest and have been to find work at home jobs or businesses. I have talked to a couple of nice people about Work At Home United and Ameriplan. While I am considering these options I am still looking for other ways to supplement or/and eventually replace my income. I am interested in finding out more information about the survey companies. I am not looking for any get rich quick schemes, as I know, without exploring them that they are all scams. I just want to find a way that I can be home more and make money while I am home. I am a single mom that works 7 days a week and I have done so for the past 10 years. I am tired and burned out! I want to be home at least a couple of days a week with my children. I would like to eventually turn an idea I have about a business from home into a reality but at the moment I do not have the money to get started. I would appreciate any helpful information.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have never found any.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I agree with bugandsmiles - I have tried them and never made any money on them but ended up with a huge back pain. Some of them will have you sit there for an hour completing surveys and the only thing you end up with is like 1200 more emails requesting that you fill out their survey - and I am giving you a conservative #!!
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 1:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• You say you are looking into home businesses as well. I wondered if you have considered Tupperware?? If not check out my site my2.tupperware.com/amyroca let me know what you think.
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• All the survey sites that I have tried in the past were scams. As far as I know, there are no legit ones. Sorry:-(
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 1:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I do it ive gotten 2 checks. Ive tried a couple to that were either scams or just way to ahrd for little money... check out my blog it explains more.

http://ashwillison.blogspot.com/

hope this helps.
    ParkerMommy

Answer by ParkerMommy at 1:27 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have three that work for me. Check out my profile for more information on that. Also cashcrate works good too. I explained how you have to do it in my profile as well.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 4:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Check out my website for tips and guides on how to make money from home. I am currently transitioning to stay at home. My motto is "every little bit helps!" So, I am always looking for something that I can make a penny or dime on!!! I try things out and post what they are like and such. I'm updating weekly and starting in December I will be updating as much as I can to make it perfect!!! Good Luck in your search!!!

Sandy

shsteele05

Answer by shsteele05 at 7:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Survey sites will spam you and put you in a drawing for the chance to win money. Not legit if you ask me.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2008