When will everything go back to normal?

after giving birth i notice i pee when i laugh or if i run , jump even sneeze will this ever go away or is this a perment aspect of giving birth ?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 1:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• It can be. I had a csection and I struggled with incontinence until my son was 10 months. You might go see your dr to just make sure things are where they're supposed to be. If you had a vaginal delivery, pushing makes your bladder muscles lax. For me it was pregnancy, seeing as I didnt push.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 1:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Unfortunately, it is a product of giving birth. You can strengthen the muscles via kegels, but chances are you will always have somewhat of this happen. (Word of caution... Do not jump on a trampoline)! LOL!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I am sorry, I meant pregnancy in general...
    m-avi

• It wasn't permanent with me. You don't mention how long ago you gave birth. It might help if you did kegel exercises.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i gave birth about a month ago n 1 week
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 1:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• try the kegels when you feel up to it and congrats!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Things will get back to a new normal but nor for awhile. I wouldn't say that I will ever be back to before giving birth but it gets a lot better. Exercises help for sure.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Do more kegels!

Answer by rkoloms at 2:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I did for a few months after having both of my children. Kegal excersises are crucial to keeping the muscles down below, tightened :)
    sparklebug86

Answer by sparklebug86 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have four children the youngest is four, after his birth I noticed this and I still have it. Ive been told its from pregnancy and it wont go away and some say it will either way just be careful
    curciedanielle

Answer by curciedanielle at 3:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011