Warn us about a product you tried and it was a disaster or didn't work!

Estee Lauder Makeup was a disaster for me!

I tried their eyelash conditioner..... it broke my eye lashes off in less than a week... now I'm having to wear fake lashes.... I used it as directed and used THEIR recommended mascara with it. (I am sooooo mad... and lash-less on my upper lid!)

Even tried their 'won't smudge- stay put' lipstick.... NOT.... the stay put stuff turns sticky, thick-feeling and dry on my lips.... feels icky. Would rather use a stain (why o why doesn't someone create a "natural hint of red")

I have now turned against Estee Lauder. And am on the hunt again for a good, quality makeup product...

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Bare Minerals. It is probably great if your face is young and flawless to begin with. It settles into creases and lines and accentuates their appearance.

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I agree with GrnEyedGrandma on that one! LOL! It's definitely not a product for the older crowd! I think I would have to also warn you about any styling tool advertised as wet to dry... that's a very bad idea.. very damaging!

Answer by m-avi at 1:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• any kind of liquid straighter did it once and it fried my hair from past my shoulders to shorter than a pixie cut.

Answer by bhoward87 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Proactiv. I had a horrible violent reaction to it! I figured it was the benzoyl peroxide, so like a dumbass, I tried their salicylic acid cleanser and the same thing happened.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• bhoward.. i have to disagree partially.. joico's kpac straightener conditions the hair and i LOVE that thing.
    otherwise.. so far with other products i agree

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i HATE pantene for hair... it just makes your hair LOOK heathier while really it is just covering the damage it creates with wax.
    its a good skin care product, but thats it!
    also dislike most OTC dandruff shampoos.. okay lets put tar on our scalp to cover over this fungus *sarcasm*
    and most no tears products. lets put Novocain in our kids eyes so they don't cry... thats soooo safe! again *sarcasm*

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Cover girl smoky eyes stick. after one use, both ends broke off, it goes on very soft not like the ads at all. It wore off within 2 hours.

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• luvschocolate, I tried that too and I agree. Horrible product.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Greeneyedgrandma beat me to my answer as well. I didnt like that at all. Wasted money

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 10:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Lip plumpers. They literally pull the moisture from your lips and leave them worse off than when you started.

Bare minerals. It's absolutely awful; don't know any woman who agrees it does what it claims.

Most OTC products that contain petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, artificial stuff - they don't work and cause more harm than good. It was the final step in ridding my daughter of her skin issues/eczema; we've all benefitted in one way or another by switching to more natural products.

Sunscreen; I'm allergic and many of my friends have had bad reactions as well.

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011