Warn us about a product you tried and it was a disaster or didn't work!

Estee Lauder Makeup was a disaster for me!

I tried their eyelash conditioner..... it broke my eye lashes off in less than a week... now I'm having to wear fake lashes.... I used it as directed and used THEIR recommended mascara with it. (I am sooooo mad... and lash-less on my upper lid!)

Even tried their 'won't smudge- stay put' lipstick.... NOT.... the stay put stuff turns sticky, thick-feeling and dry on my lips.... feels icky. Would rather use a stain (why o why doesn't someone create a "natural hint of red")

I have now turned against Estee Lauder. And am on the hunt again for a good, quality makeup product...

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 1:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Bare Minerals. It is probably great if your face is young and flawless to begin with. It settles into creases and lines and accentuates their appearance.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I agree with GrnEyedGrandma on that one! LOL! It's definitely not a product for the older crowd! I think I would have to also warn you about any styling tool advertised as wet to dry... that's a very bad idea.. very damaging!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• any kind of liquid straighter did it once and it fried my hair from past my shoulders to shorter than a pixie cut.

bhoward87

Answer by bhoward87 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Proactiv. I had a horrible violent reaction to it! I figured it was the benzoyl peroxide, so like a dumbass, I tried their salicylic acid cleanser and the same thing happened.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• bhoward.. i have to disagree partially.. joico's kpac straightener conditions the hair and i LOVE that thing.
    otherwise.. so far with other products i agree
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i HATE pantene for hair... it just makes your hair LOOK heathier while really it is just covering the damage it creates with wax.
    its a good skin care product, but thats it!
    also dislike most OTC dandruff shampoos.. okay lets put tar on our scalp to cover over this fungus *sarcasm*
    and most no tears products. lets put Novocain in our kids eyes so they don't cry... thats soooo safe! again *sarcasm*
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Cover girl smoky eyes stick. after one use, both ends broke off, it goes on very soft not like the ads at all. It wore off within 2 hours.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 9:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• luvschocolate, I tried that too and I agree. Horrible product.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Greeneyedgrandma beat me to my answer as well. I didnt like that at all. Wasted money
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 10:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Lip plumpers. They literally pull the moisture from your lips and leave them worse off than when you started.

Bare minerals. It's absolutely awful; don't know any woman who agrees it does what it claims.

Most OTC products that contain petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, artificial stuff - they don't work and cause more harm than good. It was the final step in ridding my daughter of her skin issues/eczema; we've all benefitted in one way or another by switching to more natural products.

Sunscreen; I'm allergic and many of my friends have had bad reactions as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011