What would be the cheapest way to go?

we are planning a trip to disney world sometime in october or november,what would be the cheapest way to go book it ourselves or go through a travel agent? we have never been on a real vacation so i have never don this before.

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Travel

• No clue! My parents planned out the entire trip we just did the other week florida.

Cant you compare? Go online & look at the package deals, look at agencies then look at cost of everything seperate. You are going to have to do some planning & digging & figuring to make this work lol

BTW tickets alone into disney are expensive! We spent $80something per ticket for one day! I am sure they have a multipule day package though that is cheaper.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Compare. See what deals you can get online and then compare to what a travel agent can offer. My inlaws always went through a travel agent but that was before the days of expedia, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Well it would probably cheaper to do it yourself. However you never know you might forget something so honestly? If you have the money I'd go with a travel agent. Besides that you never know they might be able to get you a serious discount. Especially since you're not going during peak season (not sure on that but it would be my guess). It won't hurt to call and find out how much they charge.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Disney world has hotels. Might be able to google that. Make your own reservations for plane tickets.

Answer by louise2 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• www.getawaytoday.com!!!!!!!!

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It would be much cheaper to book it yourself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I did it myself. Those theme places are so expensive. Stick to simple and you still can have an amazing time. Also some hotels include specials with tickets to the park ask if they have any deals. Do get package deals from disney like breakfast included, buy one ticket get another deal. You will be totally satisfied doing it yourself. We did the theme package deal one year, it was way too expensive we couldnt do extra stuff. Last time I planned it and we did so much more. There is tons of info online to help you and you can get savings using Beth Haworths guide too. I split the cost $20 with my friend and we saved a great deal.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 2:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Do it yourself it is cheaper.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Oh and stay a hotel a mile or 2 away from the park it is lessmoney than staying at the resorts on the property.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• expedia.com
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011