Im 7 weeks pregnant how do I break the news?

Hey, I am 20 years old and engaged. I am now currently 7 weeks pregnant, My fiance and I live together and have been living together for almost 6 months we plan on getting married before I ever found out I was pregnant. But I know my parents aren't going to take the news well. How do I tell them?

Sahaira

Asked by Sahaira at 1:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you need to face them in whatever way is easiest (with fiance or not) & just tell them. If they get too out of control on the whole issue walk away from it & let everyone cool down before discussing it further. Try to avoid fighting at all cost, this is a a happy time for you guys after all. Just take it as it comes but I would honestly avoid the fighting no need of that. Good Luck =)
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• How soon are you planning on getting married? If soon you can wait until after. If not just tell them, if they do get mad it wont last long. GL
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• First off, Congrats of the pregnancy, and 2nd of all, just sit them down and tell them that even that it was an unplanned pregnancy, you still plan on getting married and supporting the baby. I hoope that things go well, and if things get too heated, just take a breather for a couple days and let them cool down, and I bet you that they will be happy to support your decsions for marriage and rasing a family.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We didn't tell anyone until I was past twelve weeks. Then we gave the grandparents pictures from the ultrasound.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Do you have to tell them this very moment? If not wait a little while after you are married and then tell them .
    stitchintime

Answer by stitchintime at 2:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Just be honest with them.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:12 AM on Mar. 9, 2011