Should I do it?

I've been wanting to get a tattoo on my shoulder blade for awhile now. I'm 23 and just had my first son almost 2 years ago so I was thinking maybe a dove with its wings open and my son's name and birthday underneath the wings. I would leave room to put more kids if I have them. I want it to symbolize that my son was a gift from God. The dove would be just outlined, not colored in, and maybe some color radiating from it, like purple and orange or something. However I am a little nervous about getting a tattoo that can be easily seen. I have one on my hip but you can't even see it in a bathing suit. What do you think?

Ash9724

Asked by Ash9724 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• get the tat! tats are highly acceptable these days and shoulder blades can easily be covered with a shirt. ask yourself how often do u wear tanks at work? and u never know, being yourself may shine true to your bosses who may admire that, where a woman who never speaks a word, has no expression and dresses conservatively may no be as attractive to work with. be yourself! a lot of the professional nurses i work with have sleeves and they dont wear tshirts
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 6:18 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• that sounds awesome and i think you should get it, if your worried about not being able to cover it just find a different spot for it.
    Mama07Shorty

Answer by Mama07Shorty at 1:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If you are not 100% confident in your tattoo then I would not do it yet. If you are then do it.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 2:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Its your decision. When I was younger I thought sometimes about getting one maybe but never knew what. Now I am happy that i never did.
    You could do something else to show your love for your kids, for example you could just dawns the dove with the name underneath it and frame it nicely and put it on a wall etc.
    I just think if you have any doubts, dont do it, you might regret it later.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If you're questioning, then don't. It's not easy to get rid of.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:08 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I would get it...i have a tattoo on my side and i plan on getting my daughter fot prints and her name tattooed on my shoulder and i plan on getting another flower too. there is nothng wrong with it.
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 7:42 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I could never get a tattoo. Would you like that on your shoulder blade if you are in a fancy dress in a wedding or that alike? I don't get it. Just put some jewelry on and have some variety. Why would you forever want to junk up your body?
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 8:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011