Christians, how do you know you are living by

faith and not by sight? Does God take us places in our lives just to see if we will trust Him enough to handle things?

etown2reds

Asked by etown2reds at 1:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sometimes he might. Just have faith and dont be too attached to this world. Trust in God that he will provide for you just as he promised if you do have faith.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• You put your absolute faith in God that no matter what is going on in your life that God is there to get you threw it.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Are you referencing 2 Corinthians5:7?
    We walk by faith and not by sight

That refers to humans away from God--basically post Eden. It talks about our desire to see God again and understand his knowledge; how we, during this life, groan when we are unclothed, wishing to clothe ourselves. Recall Genesis when Adam and Eve first learned they were naked, and sewed themselves some clothes. God threw them out, lest they eat of the tree of life. Since then, with our ill-begotten (and incomplete) knowledge, those who believe in God have been walking by faith, not by sight. Verse 6 says "so we are always courageous, although we know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord." Verse 9, "For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, so that each one may receive recompense, according to what he did in the body, whether good or evil."
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 2:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• In other words, the lyrics of this song:
    We walk by faith, and not by sight;
    no gracious words we hear from him
    who spoke as none e'er spoke;
    but we believe him near.

we may not touch his hands and side,
    now follow where he trod;
    but in his promise we rejoice;
    and cry, "My Lord and God!"

Help then, O Lord, our unbelief;
    and may our faith about,
    to call on you when you are near,
    and seek where you are found:

that, when our life of faith is done,
    in realms of clearer light
    we may behold you as you are,
    with full and endless sight.

ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 2:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Job's faith was put to the test. Abraham's faith was tested when God asked him to sacrifice Isaac. Paul's faith was tested when he was imprisioned, shipwrecked, beaten...Sometimes yes, God may present you with a difficult challenge to see how you will handle it. In the book of James, we are told that the testing of our faith produces preseverance. It's how we grow in our dependence on God.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 4:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I agree with popzaroo. I try to walk by faith but for me it's been challenging. It's something I am growing in though and I get closer all the time :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 8:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't completely. I just trust in the mercy of God..
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Certainly Yes! God will walk us in the dark so we can get toknow his voice. It is easier for us to depend on ourselves when we can see the way, but our sight is limited. Don't you think it would be best to listen to the one who can see the end of the road? All we have to do is learn to trust him.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If I can see it, that's not it (faith).
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 11:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't know as its happening. With reflection, I usually figure it out and then I try to see where I jumped the track and then I get back on
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 8:13 AM on Feb. 28, 2011