Chest pain

under my left breast im having bad pains like sharp throbing pains. i feel very tierd and sore. im 23 should i go to the er and at times its hard to breath?

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 2:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• I have had similar problems...with me the pains get worse the harder i try to breathe,and i too get shortness of breath.I am 24yrs old and have been to the er several times thinking i am having a heart attack..They monitor me for several hours and then tell me i was having an anxiety/panick attack.Lately i have been trying to stay stress & worry free and so far its worked.Hope things get better for you.
    b4byd0ll

Answer by b4byd0ll at 2:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Have you recently been sick with a cough, or done any strenuous activities with your arms? I was having really bad chest pain near my right breastbone (felt like I injured my right boob) a couple weeks ago, and was diagnosed with Costochondritis - which is inflammation of the muscle near the rib cage and breastbone. What you're experiencing sounds a lot like this.

However, if the pain is not being relieved by taking an anti-inflammatory (ie ibuprofen), I would definitely have it checked out! They can do an x-ray (they did with me) to check for anything more serious, and even an EKG.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• id get it checked out and good luck x
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011