Trouble sleeping?

My daughter is 15months and doesn't sleep all the way thru the night. She takes 2 naps a day one while at daycare the other at home. she sleeps perfectly fine for them up in her crib. She even goes down for bed around 7 up in her room but then wakes up screaming bloody murder. I try letting her cry it out but there is other people in the house who need to work in the morning so i can't do it all the time. And sometimes if i try she makes herself sick from screaming and carrying on so much. If anybody has any ideas on how i can fix this please help!!!!!!

SophiasMommy875

Asked by SophiasMommy875 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bring her in bed with you. Letting a child cry is cruel.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Well crying isn't going to hurt them and if everytime they cry and you pick them up and give into them it's just going to make the spoiled and be able to play you. but thats just my opinion. nd i do bring her in bed with me but i want to start breaking that habbit i would like her to sleep in her own bed
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• CIO is fine at her age. Its not cruel, it's teaching self soothing, at her age, I'd stop giving her the second nap. She is already sleeping at daycare. Keep her up, to the best of your ability, once she is home, and I'm sure she will sleep better at night. we had to stop letting my almost 3 year old son sleep during the day bc otherwise he was up until midnight!
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thanks. I will have to try this. I hope it works. I would love to be able to have my bed back again lol
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Cut out the extra nap that would help
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thank you!!
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Does she calm down if you go to her and don't pick her up but "SHH" her and rub her back? The little one I take care of sometimes wakes too early but will calm down if we do not pick him up, but rub his back. Then we can leave the room when he gets groggy again Just an idea.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Sometimes but its a hit and miss with her. she's always been a tough child to deal with. shes very demnding and gets very angry real quick
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 1:08 PM on Feb. 28, 2011