Chiropractor for a child

I was just wondering if a 7 yr with no medical reason should be using a chiropracter? I was just informed by my sd that her mom takes her to one and that it hurts her. Im not saying I agree or disagree with her moms decision just wondering if it could be detrimental to her in anyway or if its fine for to go.

katcb1019

Asked by katcb1019 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• An adjustment from a chiropractor should not hurt. Something is very wrong.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If a child is afraid and tense, yes, it will hurt. My kids LOVE going to the chiropractor, and it helps them so much (in more ways than just the typical having everything in place) - but if for some reason they're tense it hurts, so we have to tell them to relax (if they're laughing they tense up, the chiro tickles them).
    Anonymous

• my kids have all been adjusted within an hour of their births, my dh is a chiropractor.
    a chiropractor is a dr. of the nervous system, and your nervous system controls everything your body does. i say kudos to the mom for wanting her child's body to function at its best!!!
    i agree with anon, that tensing up could cause pain. the child and mom should talk to the dr.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011