Getting newborn shots in the hospital

did your baby get any shots in the hospital right after he was born? Were you ok with that? Is it better to go ahead and do it at the hospital or wait for your doc app? ;y first baby went straight to the nicu,so I don't know that process. Tell me your experience. How many shots do they get after birth? I don't have a doc yet for my second one,so I am looking for one right now. So,i am thinking to do it at the hospital.

crouse3

Asked by crouse3 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No shots for my kids.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• from what I know, the only shot they give them is a vitamin K injection because babies are supposedly born deficient, yet babies born at home who don't get the injection are fine so it's to prevent malpractice more than anything. not rly necessary. :\
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The recieve the HEB B shot at birth and that is the only one. I allowed my son to recieve that shot at birth because I have heard hospitals are full of that disease. However we have no continued with it. I would recommend Dr. Sears Alternative Vaccine Schedule if you are still debating on what/if vaccines will be given to your child.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• All babies have to go for a 2 week check up at the hospital.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• none of my kids had any vaccinations. most were born at home, and only one was born in the hospital. he went to the nicu too :( but we still insisted on no vaccinations and no vit k. he got the silver in the eyes before we could think to say no.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011