Crying it out?

I justwanted to get other parents input on letting thier kids cry it out. And im not talking letting them scream bloody murder for hours without checking on them. Im talking about thier fighting sleep or really moody and cranky you put them in thier bedroom to relax and they cry and throw a fit you leave and come backin ten minutes check on them tell them everything's okay you lay them back down and walk away. I have been told that letting your child cry is cruel. I just don't think that every single time they cry you should run to thier side and pick them up. your really not teaching them anything other than if they cry they know that thier getting thier own way. Now this is just my opinion everyone is entitled to thier own and im sure there will be different ones on here. so just remember if you don't like my opinion just remember that its mine thats how i feel i certianly dont judge you on yours. Thanks.

SophiasMommy875

Asked by SophiasMommy875 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used crying it out and it worked like a charm
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thank you!!! Thats what people have told me. I use to the best of my ablitiy when i can and my daughter survied it.
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Dont let anyone make you feel bad about the choices you make
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Thank you. Im not it's ther decision if they feel that way about crying then thats fine i on the other hand think its normal to do and all the kids that had to "suffer" lol thru crying it out are still living and surivied thru it and im sure they use it on thier children if they have any
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Kids will survive it! I mean, don't let them scream at the top of their lungs. Go in there and demand silence or quietier crying, but never screaming. I used to let my son cry it out, and I still do. He's alive and all is well. :)
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 2:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I personally could never do it. But you have to do what's right for you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I know i don't let m daughter scream like someone is trying to harm her but if she doesn't calm down i go in and reasure her that im still here and everythings okay and about ten mins later shes out. Letting thier kids cry it out isn't for everybody. I have a gf who cries everytime she has to let her daughter cry it out.
    SophiasMommy875

Comment by SophiasMommy875 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Crying actually strengthens the lungs so as long as it's not screeching or screaming bloody murder than yes. Let them cry in my opinion. If they're screaming you need to do something about it.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 3:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I let mine cry it out, they learned to self soothe and they are fine.I would listen and usually after about 10 min the crying would stop and they would be asleep. My kids are 3 and 5 now, with no sleep issues. Don't let other people make you feel bad, you do what you think is best.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I let my 4 yr old and 2 yr old scream as long as they want, they are old enough to understand that screaming isnt going to get them what they want and if they are overly tired at bed time and are fighting it I let them cry it out to a point after about 30-45 min i will make sure that they are ok put them back in bed and tell them it is bed time. They usually only give me problems at bed time 1-2 nights a week.

My 12 month old I only let cry it out for 10-15 min if she isnt asleep by then i will go in.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2011