My business has been sooo slow.. what about yours?

I own a nail salon... and economy has been so bad. I was just wondering about other small business.. Have you been slowing down too?

sweetsugarbabe

Asked by sweetsugarbabe at 12:37 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have no work....I sit on CM all day.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:39 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Lots of small businesses have not made it through and then the stock market making a triple dive yesterday makes the future look bleek.
    sierra_617

Answer by sierra_617 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yup a bit slower but starting to pick back up since people aren't listening to all the lying doom and gloom in the news. Im the operations manager for a mortgage brokerage..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• This is supposed to be our high season in Palm Beach and I don't see any snow birds yet. Usually you could not find a seat at the local restaurants but it has changed so much! My friend opened up a coffee shop and he is dimming the lights to save electricity. One of my acquaintances is a manager at a hair salon in Wellington and she counted 10 clients in one week. I know I need to go but I have cut way down.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:51 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I sell Tupperware and with our warranty and our great product everyone is buying. Especially with other products that are out there but don't come with an amazing LIFETIME warranty. So personally my business is great. I've been doing this just 2 years. GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 1:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008