Looking for a new car

We need to get a new car in the next few months to accommodate our expected arrival. We will need something with 3 rows of seats, but I would prefer something not too big (IS that possible?) I have been looking most seriously at the Toyota Rav4. Does anyone have one of these? Do you like it? Any other recommendations?

kd36

Asked by kd36 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Shopping

• I drove one on a business trip. they seem kind of cheap made to me

Anonymous

• I found it to be tight and rough riding.....that was a test-drive.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:57 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I have a Chrysler Pacifica. It has 3 rows. It's very comfortable. I traded in a Cadillac and Explorer for this. I needed the room of an SUV (I have 3 dogs), but I didn't want to lose my comfort.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Have you looked at the Mazda5? I've seriously been considering this myself. It's tiny and still has a third row (mostly suitable for kids) -- it gets great gas mileage 21/27 mpg - they call it a European style Minivan. It's rated as "lowest true cost to own" by Edmunds.com -- They start around 18k and decked out with leather and lots of features its still under 25k. (No I don't work for Mazda.. hehe) Like I said, I've really been debating this one for our family too.

I thought it would be a great vehicle to have for a while, and then maybe get a full-sized minivan and pass that one on to my husband.  It's sporty but still fits all the kids and gets great gas milage - win/win!

http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/displayPage.action?pageParameter=upcomingMazda5&bhcp=1

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:52 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Something you should consider -- rent the car you're thinking about buying if you can. It makes a HUGE difference to use it for "real" life. Verses driving it on the dealership lot. Put the car seats in it and really see what life would be like. I had been considering a Ford Escape or my Saturn Vue.. and the Escape felt SO small inside compared to the Vue. I love my Vue, we're just outgrowing it.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• THere are several ones out there. Are you shopping for comfort or price. THis makes a difference. Right now most of them, car makers have good deals right now. You can buy at employee pricing & rebates, & zero inerest. SHop around, the best time to buy is at the end of the month, When they are trying to make there quota..Good Luck
    Tinkerbell3396

Answer by Tinkerbell3396 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Me and my husband have 5 cars between us and some are not so good for big families and some are:

Chrysler Grand Voyager
    Lexus GX 09 - Our new car
    Suzuki Swift - Present from him to me
    Ford Kuga - NEW
    BMW convertable - Present from me to him

as you can tell my husband is car mad.
    happytohelp

Answer by happytohelp at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2008

• I have the Toyota Rav 4 and LOVE IT! It is the best car I have ever owned!! I would love to have the new highlander just because it is bigger. but I love the quality it is excellent!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2008