How do I exercise w/ my asthma?

A few months ago I weighed alot! But since then I have lost 30lbs IDK how I am not doing anything healthy! All I have done is go to work! I want to lose more weight and exercise but I have asthma and I can't run or it kills me, I want to lose my baby belly. You know the one right under your tummy...Any suggestions????

MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Asked by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• i too have asthma and it is a challenge to exercise. i have a 3yr old and a 2 yr old who also have asthma. so in order for me to lose some weight and get healthy i take the kids for walks. we will walk around the block and 2 more blocks and back home. then we(i ) climb our back stairs while the kids played in their kiddie pool. before i would do the exercises i take my inhaler about 30 mins before hand. then i make sure that i have the inhaler with me. also at a health food store they sell cayenne pepper pills, they open ur airways up when u are having an attack. also sugar. hard candies help too. know what triggers your asthma. once u know the triggers then u can predict when an attack happens. any other questions feel free to pm me.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have asthma as well. After getting on Singular helped me a lot. 30mins before running I use my albuterol and I do fine.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 6:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• first of all, do you know what your triggers are?
    i know someone that quit eating red meat and never used her inhaler again. she is not cured, but she is now able to jog 3 miles on the treadmill...which she never could have done before.
    i read of another person that switched household cleaners and the asthma went away (just cleaned with vinegar and baking soda)
    have you ever cut dairy?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Talk to your Doctor.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:34 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• I think that there are plenty of things you could manage to do as long as you really listen to your body and take it slow.. and speak with your dr first.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:29 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Talk to the doc.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 8:42 PM on Mar. 7, 2011