new to the makeup game

k so i already what kind of makeup i am going to use. which by the way is everyday minerals. www.everydayminerals.com. but i don't know how to clean makeup brushes. how do i do this?

sterlids

Asked by sterlids at 12:49 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Run warm water and rub with baby shampoo. Make sure and wash the bristles only - don't dip the whole brush or the glue will come off and you'll have a mess. You should see the make up come off until the water runs clear. Then just let it dry flat on a paper towel.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 12:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I use my facial cleaner. It's mild and if it's could enough for my face I figured it was good enough for my brushes too.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• the facial cleaner is a good idea. does anyone use conditioner on their brushes to make them softer?
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 1:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I discovered a mess. I used conditioner on my mineral powder brush. The brush was nice and soft but mineral powder did not go on the same. The brush did not hold the mineral powder like it should have. End up getting another brush. I just use my facial cleaners to clean brush and let air dry. It works for me.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 9:55 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• I also use my facial cleanser to clean my brushes. If you have a good brush, it doesn't need anything else but to air dry.

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 1:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• there are makeup brush cleaners in spray form, you can spray it on a towel and brush on that just like you would on your face. you can do this in between shampooing them. your face leaves bacteria on the brush so you MUST clean them often. i just took a makeup class through TIGI makeup brand and that is what they told us
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2008