music for babies...

I saw these CD with soft instumental music made specially for babies, some soppouse to help them sleep, others just to stay calm and etc...
Does anyone thing it works?
Is it a good idea to get some?
anyone used one?

Albi1623

Asked by Albi1623 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son loves music. I find that it does seem to help him sleep sounder at nap time when I remember to turn the music on.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my boys love music! We tried a lullaby cd with my oldest when he was a baby, and it kept him awake! We tried again with our second son and he settled right down and went to sleep. So, I think it just depends on the baby :)

We love music durring playtime though!! Raffi especially :)
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 1:00 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I think any classical music would probably work. My son has music playing in his room all of the time, we just have it on the classical music radio station.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:19 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• We haven't done a whole lot with music with my son yet, but one thing we found and are kind of excited about is the Rockabye Baby! cds. It's popular music, converted into lullabies. We have U2 so far, but it also comes in Metallica, Nirvana, The Eagles, The Beattles, and TONS more. It can be a refreshing change from listening to the same lullabies over and over. You can check them out at Rockabyebabymusic.com

Even if you don't want them for your kid, they're kinda funny, anyway!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I play music to my son 24/7 (maybe because I am a musician). He has an ipod in his room with a stand. Music is just great for their brain development as well as exposure to different sounds. My son loves it and prefers some music over another. Definitely play music to your baby.
    Jesenka

Answer by Jesenka at 11:03 PM on Nov. 20, 2008