Worried she is sick..

Our daugher is almsot six months old. She has not been eating at all. She will only drink 1-2 oz at a time (every 4 hours) She threw up yesterday (projectile....yuck)...but I thought it was from her coughing. She has a chunky cough for the last week or so. So far she doesn't have a temperature. I'm worried she's not getting enough fluids...she still has wet dipers but very little.

BWIND

Asked by BWIND at 3:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her in tomorrow morning, just to be safe. If youre concerned about fluids give her pedialyte in her bottle to keep her hydrated and see how she does with that and either breastmilk or formula (whichever youre doing) alternating.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 3:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• ok when ur baby has a cough that sounds chunky ur suppossed to limit the milk because it cause more chunk inside. my dd was 5 months and ended up in the hospital with rsv and they told me that when she has a cough that has alot of chunk in it dont give her milk. give plenty of water and pedialyte or gatorade. as long as she is drink that and giving u some diapers then she is hydrided. also get baby vapor rub, put it on her chest, back and feet. also call ur pedi to take her in to get checked. good luck.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 3:23 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would take her in just because of the lack of eating. My son hardly ever presents with a fever when hes sick so I rely on other cues, like excessive fussiness, not eating, watery eyes, red cheeks etc....
    sparklebug86

Answer by sparklebug86 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• try clears pedialyte and half test juice- if her urine output doesnt boost from that go to the hospital and get her checked
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 3:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i would offer fluids as much as possible. i would not go to the dr. unless my baby was lathargic.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• get her into the doctor as soon as possible
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 28, 2011