• In the Spotlight:

While at home with the kids what do you do with them?

Like alittle of playing, studying with them or maybe just watch movies together.
What do you do to make them feel like..wow my mom spent time with me and I loved it... you know just some good memories for them. they love it.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• We play games, watch TV, go for walks, go for bike rides, we still read together sometimes and my kids are 14, 12, and 9. My DD and I do our hair together and I paint her nails. We play video games and listen to music..we cook together. There is a ton of things that we do together.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• One night a week i let them cook dinner (they are 4 1/2 and 2) We usually do pizza I will roll out the dough for them and then i let them put on the sauce, cheese and veggies they always love doing it. we also do flash light tag, i turn all the lights off and everyone gets a flash light and we run around LOL its fun and the kids get out all their extra energy.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 3:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Normally they are responsible for entertaining themselves. If they want to do something with me we usually watch a movie or a show we both enjoy. Friday night I stayed up late with my 8yo playing Poptropica. We were trying to pass an island but it got too late and we were both too tired.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My adult children still comment on the time we spent reading together. They loved it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• One-on-one time playing games and talking, and cooking together. Doing chores together. They'll remember that you listened to them when they talked.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We dont spend alot of time at home......most of our memories are of doing things together outside of the home. On the rare days or weekends when we dont have anything to do then yes we do watch movies together, we also make cookies, and do things like that,.

Answer by gemgem at 12:32 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• We do crafts, bake, stuff like that. Sometimes I just sit in on there beds while they play in their rooms... just hang around them... they seem to like that too.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• My boys perfer to entertain themselves. When they do ask to do soemthing with me, it is usually to play the Wii with them. It is fun, because I am not very good and it gives them alot of fun to laugh at me and terrible I am. Especially at Mario Brothers.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 9:35 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• With my kids we watch some TV and movies together, play games, go for walks, and listen to music. I do help them study for their tests and I also check to make sure that their homework is done. We also try to do a lot of out door activities as well, most notably going camping in the spring and summer and skiing in the winter.

LJTmomof2

Answer by LJTmomof2 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• We play games, watch TV, go for walks, go for bike rides, we read together; listen to music; do crafts; go to the park
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:31 AM on May. 16, 2011