should i put the potty chair away?

we decieded to start intoducing cheyenne (22 months) to the big girl potty. well for 2 days she has been sitting on the potty for short times (once for any hour) with nothing on. she has not used the potty yet but she is wanting to sit on it alot. right now we have it in the living room bc i thought i remembered her pedi telling us to let her sit on it like a chair to get used to it... we explain to her what it is for and all... so my question is should u put it up and not let her sit on it? my mom told me i shouldnt let her sit on it bc she will think it is a toy?

NDAUGHERTY

Asked by NDAUGHERTY at 1:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• no let her sit on it and get used to the idea but when you see she is sitting on it tell her its to go potty on it and show her meaning take her diaper off and let her sit there on it so she can connect the two together. she may stil be a bit young but you never know my son was about 22months when we started and by the time he was 2 and ahalf years old was potty trained good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Let her sit on it. Thats how all mine got started.

Answer by gemgem at 1:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• She thinks EVERYTHING is a toy. Let her sit on it. One day she will make a "deposit" and you'll be on your way.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Leave it out. I leave Tehya's in the bathrrom sometimes in tthe living room. One day without telling me she just went in and pooped. She hasn't done it since, but when she's ready she will. So yeah, I'd leave it out. :) Let her get comfortable with it.
    NewMom2One

Answer by NewMom2One at 3:13 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• definitely let her sit on it!! its all about her being comfortable!
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 12:29 AM on Nov. 21, 2008

• We got a potty for our 22mo daughter when she was 18mo. She wants to use it like a potty, & she likes to sit on it in the bathroom without her diaper on, but she never makes a deposit. Hopefully she will once she is 2yo!
    Bookwormy

Answer by Bookwormy at 1:35 PM on Nov. 21, 2008