Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to an Apartment with my HFA child....?

My son is six and has Asperger's, though it has gotten much better, he still has fits of screaming and kicking the doors and such when he is over stimulated, upset or having a particularly symptomatic day. He is 6 so it can get quit loud before I can calm him. I am SOO worried DFACS is going to end up at my door form a neighbor hearing this. SO my question is: When I move in do I notify my neighbors of his condition or just let it go and see what happens... I know I plan to notify the main office for safety reasons. (If there was ever a fire or other emergency he would run or resist help) Any way. What do you think?

Answer Question

Asked by But_Mommie at 3:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 44 (181,645 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I'd let the neighbors know just in case

    Answer by MommyH2 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • Id let the neighbors know just for the simple thing of nosy neighbors trouble could be started

    Answer by curciedanielle at 3:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • I think it would be nice to let the neighbors know, also so they're not worried that you're beating your child next door or something. I just moved to an apartment and my 1 yo has been sick and screaming a lot, and i wonder if my neighbors can hear. Obviously that's not the same as your situation, but ya know.

    It might also be a nice way to meet your neighbors! So yes, I think you should pop over and introduce yourself and let them know.

    Answer by Arkaidy at 3:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.