Machine or hand?

Do you hand sew when putting your quilt together and hand quilt? Do you totally hand quilt? Do you machine assemble your quilt and hand quilt it or do the whole quilt on the sewing machine?

Onmyown2727

Asked by Onmyown2727 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Hand quilting all the way here :) I do have a sewing machine, but in order to continue the family tradition(my grandmother is an avid quilter, everything by hand), I have decided to make all of mine by hand. She is thrilled, and I feel they will be more personal, or have more character or whatever. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I do my quilt top on the machine and them my mom hand quilts the layers together.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 3:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i usually do the piecing by machine and the quilting by hand since it would be hard to do pretty quilting on the machine imo (i like to do a little fancy and i only have a small machine so it would be hard to turn a whole quilt round and round)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 4:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Everything is done by hand, to me it makes them more special.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I do everything by machine. I don't have the patience to hand quilt. In truth, I often use a quilting professional to do my larger quilt tops on her long arm machine. It's her job and it looks much better than anything I could do.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:36 PM on Feb. 28, 2011