My 5 year old has conjunctivitus, high fever and red cheeks. Anyone have any ideas of how to help relieve these symptoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• U need to take your child to the doctor! now!!! Conjunctivitis is pink eye and it is very contagious!!! Go to the hospital!!!!! Now!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes It will only get worse
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• J&J baby shampooing the eye 2x a day rinse with cool water
    tylenol for fever (weight based dose)
    lots of fluids
    see provider in the morning tomorrow
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 4:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Pink eye doesn't require a hospital visit, just see your doctor asap to get the meds you need. Something that works really great is natural honey in the eye. It stings like all get-out, though, so its best to use it on only the adults that have it. Pink eye is also crazy contagious, so wash every fabric item your kid touched and keep your hands away from your own eyes after handling him. A warm compress on his eyes will help a lot to relieve the itching and pain too. The more often you do it the better :) Good luck ,and don't visit any family unless you want a boatload of enemies when they catch pink eye from him!! I got it when I was pregnant from my sister's kids when they showed up at a family party after saying they wouldn't be there. They also gave it to every kid that was there, including a handicapped niece who already had eye problems and now has chronic pink eye.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 4:08 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• if you are breastfeeding, you can put breastmilk in the eye, it has anti viral and antibacterial properties.
    all my kids had it when my last baby was born. me my husband and the baby never got it.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'd def. go to the ped in the AM. Cold compress on the eye. Wash outside with baby shampoo is good too. and most def. make sure everyone washes hands over and over b/c it is contaigeous.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• A chamomele tea bag will clear it right up. Soak it like you would to make tea and put the warm bag directly on the eye and cover with a wash cloth. leave it on for like 5 min at a time and repeat throught the day.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:21 AM on Mar. 1, 2011

• antibiotics and Tylenol
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:26 PM on Mar. 1, 2011

• Pink eye is highly contaigous, but does not require a hospital visit...a doctor for antibiotic drops will do just fine. Childrens Motrin or Advil for the fever...doc should look at rash too, could be 5th' disease or Roseolla, or just a fluke. I say go to the peds asap
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:08 AM on Mar. 2, 2011

• A DOCTOR
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:36 AM on Mar. 3, 2011