Can you be a feminist and be pro-life?

I am wondering your opinion.

Fiveofakind2

Asked by Fiveofakind2 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I feel that if a feminists believe in the "strength of every woman and the potential of every human life" than she can also be pro-life.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• IMO....absolutely!
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Of course you can. All women have the ability to choose what is right for them and their lives. I chose children and staying home. That was my decision. I do still believe in the idea if a woman wants to work and have kids she should, and have choices. Im against abortion but to me thats between a woman and God. If she chooses to kill her child I think it wouldnt matter if it was legal or not she would find a way.
    Anonymous

• happy2beme - would you mind elaborating? It really is genuine, I do not have an agenda, I promise.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• absolutely
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I agree with anon...I think it is our choice to work or stay at home with our children as it is to have or not to have children. I have mixed emotions about abortion but I agree it is between the Mother and God. It's not my place to judge what other women do with thier lives so I can only make the best choices I can for mine.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• If you feel that abortion is bad for women, and against their best interests, and may in fact be keeping them oppressed in some way, sure.
    Aubles

Answer by Aubles at 1:31 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I by no means am a protestor on the streets- however I feel that a woman should have all rights that are available to a man. Many do not understand this can of worms sometimes and some want to be choosie over it. I mean all equal rights, not just the ones that we want. If they mandatory a draft, well- lace up you boots ladies, if you fit the abilities to go. If you are a mother, sole provider, you know you won't be made to go- just like the men that are to thier children. But its hard to say- we want equal say, equal pay, equal all- oh except for this, and this, and this...Men had to fight for rights of all for freedom, but woman and minorities ended up with the short end of the stick. If we want the same, we will need to eventually do the same. (I guess some would say thats a feminist..?..).
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Cont.
    As far as abortion, i feel that is a individual issue with the person. Its a personal choice, and its not my job to judge others on thier choices. I am NOT God, I do NOT speak for God, I do NOT represent God, It is NOT my job to galivant down here on earth telling people what God wants. All I know is I have a personal choice to trust that there may or may not be a higher power that wants me to live a life that was made available to me. How I choose to live it is up to me, and if there is a higher power it is up to me in the end to explain the choices that I made. My only issue with abortion is when there is a woman that goes over and over and over again, just because she could care less. Yes- its her choice, not my judgement. I just doubt Gods gonna offer her a cup of tea for thier conversation.
    Yes- you can be both!
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yep, I am both.
    I also think there are good answers posted
    well said ladies
    Anonymous