LAST MINUTE DINNER GUESTS PLEASE HELP!!!

Ok so dh and i were planning on watching the Oscars together tonight and i was really excited. Dh called on his break and one of his friends won free tickets to the NBA game tonight and so he asked if he could go. I of course said yes (we are HUGE fans) but i think he could tell i was a little disappointed because about 20 mins ago he called again and said I know you really wanted to watch the Oscars with somebody so I called Troy (a friend of his who i get along with really well) and Jacob (my best friend) and they are free and would really like to come watch the Oscars with you. SO i know that DH was trying to be nice so i am not mad at him but, whenever we have people over we always have food so i know they will be expecting it and i feel bad calling and telling them to eat before they come over ( just kind of who i am lol) SO anyway here is the BIG problem. Dh has the car not me so i can't go to the store...as far as meat goes I have a big bag of Chicken drumsticks. I don't have a lot of spices and no butter...Is there something I can do that is VERY simple that i wouldn't need a lot of ingredients for? oh and i can't order out for anything because we live way far out in the boonies and there isn't even a pizza place that delivers to our house!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• boil chicken legs until done. Take the legs out and strain the stock. Mix 1 can cream of chicken and one can or cream of mushroom soup and one onion cut small plus a couple of cloves of garlic (you can use garlic and onion powder.). into the stock along with about 1.5-2 cups of rice. once cooled pull chicken off the bone and meat to the rice. You can also add either frozen or fresh carrots or peas or both to it!

Or any other chicken soup. Or bbq chicken legs.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• the above recipe makes A LOT and comes out kind of thick. very good.
    But_Mommie

• Tortilla pizzas and salad?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011