Question for Christians

Do you believe that the Jewish people are still saved?

Gretchen2876

Asked by Gretchen2876 at 1:04 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know much about the Jewish religion. I would think so. Jesus was a Jew right?
    Anonymous

• Born, lived and died Jewish. By that logic, I would guess that he still is Jewish technically. If he even holds claim to a specific religion.
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Wow what a question
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:48 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Doesn't the Bible say that the Jews are his "chosen" people? That makes me believe they are indeed saved.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• its not my job to judge them its God so im not going to answer this question not being mean just don't want to feel likfe im judgeing . God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Ok God says that the only way to him is through the Son. If the Jewish faith believes that Jesus was just a prophet and not the Son of God then No I dont believe they are saved. You must have a relationship with Jesus Christ in order to go to Heaven. Good Question though. But God says "EVERYONE is without excuse on why we dont worship him and christ"

(Romans 1:20)
    "For since the creation of the world God's invisible attributes-his eternal power and divine nature-have been understood and observed by what he made, so that people are without excuse."
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 3:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• yes.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 4:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I believe exactly what AUFwife said. The Bible does say that the Jews are His chosen people, but if they don't exept Jesus as their Lord and Savior then they are just like any unsaved gentile. Maybe if they follow all the laws of the Old Testament, they may be allowed in heaven. I'm not God so I suppose only He knows for sure.
    T.C.38

Answer by T.C.38 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• The Jewish nation was and still is God's chosen people however, they chose to reject him. Salvation wasn't just handed to them, they are still responsible for accepting it. And they had physical evidence of God and still rejected him! Jews don't believe the Messiah has come yet, they are still waiting. For them, the NT is rubbish and focus only on the OT teachings and prophecies. Now, some Jews have seen and accepted the Truth of Christ and are called Messianic Jews ~ meaning they are truly believers. So to answer your question....no, I don't think the majority of the Jewish nation are truly saved; but only a handful that have repented and believe the Messiah came, died and rose again.
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 5:45 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• Yes, right along with Christian, Pagan, Wiccan, Buddist, etc. God does not prefer one religion over another.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 5:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008