Biblical question

According to the Bible, it is hard to get into heaven. That the truly saved are few in number. Considering that, who is actually saved?

Gretchen2876

Asked by Gretchen2876 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you accept Jesus Christ and beileve he died on the cross for your sins...then you are saved.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• A lot of people believe that. What if that's not really all that is required?
    Gretchen2876

Answer by Gretchen2876 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• That is all that is required, If you have Faith in our savior you will be saved.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• They can be saved the same as anyone by accepting Jesus into their hearts as their savior. When Jesus came to earth and gave his life he said the old rules were over and that all you needed to get into heaven was to accept him as Gods son, and love one another. Thats pretty simple. Doesnt matter if your Jewish or any other. Same rules for one people.
    Anonymous

• only the 144,000 as spoken of in revelation. Cause after armageddon the earth will work it's way back to perfection the way it was supposed to be, so those that are not included in the 144,000 heavenly government, will be on the earth.

just a few: dan:2:44

psalm 37:11

rev ; 14:1

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• I' ve heard it all my life and I don't think the bible can be interpreted by so many to end up that they were all wrong. I have to trust in God that he put in place a tool (the Bible) for us to learn and study and for others to help teach and spread the word.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• all you have to do is accept the gift of salvation. you cant recieve it if you dont accept it. belive that the Lord Jesus died for our sins. "for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever belieeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life" he said "whosoever" that means any one and everyone. God will not deny you if you seek him whole heartedly.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 1:34 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• my religion is named for the belief that God is so loving "He" would condemn no one to eternal punishment. The Universalist part of Unitarian Universalist means everyone is saved by the power of God's love. (Unitarian means one God.).
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My Bible doesn't say it's hard to get into Heaven...where did you read that at? I can show you the parts that give instructions on how to get there :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• "Enter through the narrow gate.For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it" (Matthew 7:13,14). Is this the verse you are speaking of? I believe its more than believing in God, even Satan believes in God. Its a heart change that takes place once you are saved, you still sin but you truly want to live like Christ and serve him. I'm not even going to comment on the 144,000. Thats just not truth.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008