How can you take the next step in a relationship, If he can't even tell you something?

My bf always spends weekends w me cuz he lives an hr away, well he had to work today so he went home last nite. I textd him at 9 this morning and he didnt text me at all. and he always does. well around this afternoon he got on fb and he said he was sad and upset and something was wrong but he wouldnt tell me. and finaly he told me that his dog died, his dog was 14 yrs old, so he grew up w him. i understand he needs his space to cry and stuff. But the point is he coulnt even tell me! and he wants to get married to me some day.......what do you thing?

Mxcxr16

Asked by Mxcxr16 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• a few more details would be helpful.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It sounds like this is not the right man for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i wish i knew more to the story but im going to answer based on what you wrote..
    1, do you guys argue alot
    2. is there a reason why you guys don't live together?
    3. are you both understanding of each others personal problems?
    these are some questions i think would better help me answer your question
    ..but i think this may be a sensitive topic he wanted to deal with alone and when he does come around to inviting you in on his pain he will do so..give him sometime doll death from a family member (including dog) is hard to deal with for some ppl..many have different approaches on dealing with there grief
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 4:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• we used to argue alot but we tok a break and got beck together and hardly fight now :) were alot more happier and in love then we were before. we dont live together cuz he wants to save for a downayment on a house for us, so he says. yes we are understanding of our personal problems. like i understand he needs time to himself to vent and grief and take time to heal fom this, but he couldnt even tell me, thats what im getting at.
    Mxcxr16

Comment by Mxcxr16 (original poster) at 5:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• If this is the only fault then it's nothing to break up on~ just give him his space and after he comes around tell him how you feel. All the best.
    sanab

Answer by sanab at 6:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Honey don't sweat the small stuff there will be more bigger hurdles to jump through when you do get married....he's just don't want to talk about it and its not you he needs time to soak it all in then when he's ready he will talk to you be patient okay
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• ok and thanks guys :)
    Mxcxr16

Comment by Mxcxr16 (original poster) at 8:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Maybe he did not want to break down talking to you. It is hard losing a pet, they are family too. In time you could mention how you wish he could have opened up to you.
    For now just be there for him.
    dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 5:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2011