Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am 4 months pregnant and worried about custody. adult content

My baby's dad was the most violent crazy person I have ever come into contact with. I did not press charges unfortunately. He is incrediabley believable and manupulative. I am sooo worried that he will try to steal the baby away from me. Any advice?


Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Don't worry too much, it is VERY difficult for a father to take a child away from a mother, he has to prove that your a drug addict or alcoholic or violent enough where the child is in danger, so if your none of the above just a hard working good women then your good no court will grant him custody & because of his violent history they wont give him custody, even if you didn't report him you can say you were just too scared of him to report him cause you were afraid he would hurt you. So just relax hun he cant take your little angel away =)


    Answer by VanillaBlondie8 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • Put the babies last name as yours and dont put the fathers name on the birth certificate. But if you do all that you wont be able to get child support. But at least you know he wont be near your baby! Good luck

    Answer by jbond83 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

  • i agree with jbond83 as long as you dont acknowledge your baby father custody should not be a issue
    if your able to support your child with out him then there is no need to have anything with his name in it (ex your childs last name)

    Answer by bobbys4eva at 4:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2011