I am having a fundraiser in memory of my son.

I am having a fundraiser in memory of my son. It is non-profit and all proceeds are going to his high school for their drug program. Any suggestions on what i can do to get it rolling. I already set up the trustfund.

shiffy2

Asked by shiffy2 at 5:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• My condolences to you for your tragic loss! If I were you I would talk to the President of your sons PTA. They have awesome ideas and ways to implement them. I served on our PTA board for 8 yrs and many times we had fundraisers to help families during a crisis or down on their luck. God Bless!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think Kathy has a great idea!!! I would also talk to your church, work, if you are a SAHM, have your husband/so tell his work!!!! I would not stop at just my church!! I would ask all the churches in your community to help!!! If there are more than one school in your area, I would ask the principal, PTA, PTO, etc if you could talk to the kids in the gym or whatever they have to get all the kids together and let them know. You could also make up flyers, get some kids together and have them put them on cars in parking lots, go door to door with them, and place the flyers on posts in town or anyplace else that will let you put it up in their business!!! Ask businesses to donate!! All they can do is say no, but just keep plugging away at it. If you will supply me with the address I would like to make a donation. My condolences are with you and may God be with you also. Love, Billie Mae
    jesussaves58

Answer by jesussaves58 at 6:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My address is 28 Bull Run Street Coaldale, Pa 18218. And thank you so much it means alot. I have to try and help some other child. I dont want another family to go through this.
    shiffy2

Comment by shiffy2 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011