Does the shape and size of your belly have anything to do with the baby's gender?

I had boys and my belly was small and pointy and with my girl my belly was big and round. Has anyone else think this is true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• some people say so.

But, everyone said that the way I was carrying my first baby, I was having a girl. I had a boy. I carried differently the second time--another boy.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• There are old wives tales about this I heard if you carry high its a girl and low its a boy and thats how i carried but with both my DD and DS I carried mighty round lol
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 5:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• i read a basketball shaped belly is a boy, and a watermelon shaped belly is a girl.
    like pp, everyone told me i was carrying a girl the first time, and it was a boy. the second pregnancy was completely different, so i thought must be a girl, but it was another boy. the third pregnancy was completely different from the other tow so i thought this must be a girl...well it was a boy and a girl! the pregnancy after that i decided i would not venture a guess! (it was a girl!)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Ive c arried bot my boys differently, the first everyone said boy and the second I supposedly carried as if it was a girl but it wasnt.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• LOL Old wives tale... But I carried high the first time (supposed to be a girl) I had a girl. The last I carried low (supposed to be a boy) I had a boy!... Who knows...

My cousin had an ultra sound which said that it was a girl.. She carried high which says that its a girl.... LOL She had a boy.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 5:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• There are all kinds of wive's tales about this and personally I hold no stock in them. I have a boy and girl and carried pretty much the same until the very end when my son decided he wanted to be breech until the day he was born so he was high for the last month and my daughter engaged and dropped very early.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I was always told if you can look at someone from behind and tell they are prego (meaning they carry the weight all over), it's a girl and if you can't tell (all belly) its a boy. I carried my weight everywhere with both my pregnancies and both times I had a girl. My 1st was carried right in the middle and my 2nd was extremely low and it was painful but she was a girl.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 6:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Everyones pregnancy is different
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011