Would you participate in a clothing swap party?

A FREE way to score a new look! You invite over a few friends have them bring clothes they no longer wear including shoes, purses, accessories, etc. And then let them shop (for free that is). You can serve drinks and have everyone bring a dish. A great way to get together with your girlfriendsand have a good time. I think this is a great idea....I would love to know what you think.

mommyjoi

Asked by mommyjoi at 1:11 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• It's a great idea if everyone's size is compatible. But if you have one lady that is much bigger or much smaller than everyone else, then she ends up being the odd man out and it can get really uncomfortable for her. And if you have such a friend and you exclude her from the party for that reason, it can be equally uncomfortable (well, we really like you, but your butt is too big for our party...). So, there's the downside. But if that's not an issue, then it can be a lot of fun and a great way for everyone to get some free stuff.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:14 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My family does it :) Informally of course, but we do it.

I think its a great idea, so long as you set boundaries for what you can bring, such as nothing with stains, holes, or visibly worn spots.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• i think the party would be suitable for every sized woman because there will also be shoes hats purses etc.
    mommyjoi

Answer by mommyjoi at 1:17 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• That sounds like a great idea. I might have to talk my friends into it. I would hate to have nothing fit me of have my things not fit anyone else. I think it could be funner with people you dont really know. You see your friends all the time and I would feel wierd wearing something my friend use to wear all the time :)
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 6:15 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• that is genius, i love it i am broke and that is a great way to get new clothes and clean out the closet
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 10:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think it's a great idea, as BlueFrogMomma said though there is a down side. I wouldn't be able to do it with friends or family because I would be the odd man out due to my size. Of course there are purses, hats, etc. but in the end I would be jealous of thier clothes trading. But, if you have quite a few friends, like a party of 30, and they each brought 10-20 items to this party and some snacks and drinks...well, it would be a great time! So go for it!
    lilsweetredhead

Answer by lilsweetredhead at 8:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2008