Which seafoods are completely off limits?

I know sushi is, but anything else? I had fried squid legs last night and someone was telling me I shouldn't be eating stuff like that.

Asked by sissy0604 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• shell fish like crab, shrimp and especially Oysters and clams. Fish with high mercury content is also out. (i.e. Tuna, swordfish, etc.) There's so much to remember so I'm personally just going to not eat seafood when I'm pregnant. :\

Answer by MamaStuart at 5:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• There's nothing wrong with eating seafood so long as it's cooked through. The fish they advice pregnant women to stay away from are the ones high in mercury such as:
    Orange roughy
    Mackerel (king)

Actually, check out this website, it has good information

Answer by Nanixh at 5:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I agree with Nanixh there's nothing wrong with seafood if it's cooked. Sushi is raw and that's why it's a big no no. Mercury levels are a concern in fish but I don't believe squid is high in mercury, so you're fine.

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Shelled fish

Answer by sstepph at 7:09 PM on Mar. 8, 2011