Please help me........

i need to lose alot of weight between now and october to november. anyone with any good diets? seriously pleeeeeaaaassse

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I too had to lose alot of weight a few years ago. What I did was eat in moderation, cut out chips, candy, pizzas etc. and had my big meal at lunch. I prepared dinner for hubby and kids and as soon as they sat down to eat I went for a walk. I walked everyday except Sundays and I lost 75 lbs in approx 6 months. I've been able to keep it off too. It's mind over food and you have to be able to snub your nose at junk food. If you do start walking, don't use the weather as an excuse to not walk. You actually burn more calories in bad weather because your anxious to get home that you move faster to achieve this goal. You can do it! If I did, anyone can!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 6:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• The no diet, diet. Buy salad plates and use those when you eat instead of huge ones. fill it half with veggies, a quarter with lean protein and the other quarter with grain (preferably whole) and start an exercise of some sort even if its just walking. Oh and try going to www.sparkspeople.com it's filled with good HEALTHY advice on how to loose weight and it's free.

mommy-perks

Answer by mommy-perks at 6:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• From what I've heard, and I'm going to be trying it soon, the reverse meal thing works. Having "dinner" in the morning to supply the majority of calories for your day, snack on healthy stuff like carrot sticks until noonish, then something small for lunch (grilled cheese or soup, etc.) and something like a bowl of cereal for dinner. If you eat the largest meal in the beginning you burn it off throughout the day instead of taking in a mass of calories before you go to sleep.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 6:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I have done weight watchers, and it worked really, really well for me. I am at home with the kids, so I tend to do a lot of mindless nibbling and finishing the kids meals. Weight watchers helped me keep track of everything that was going in.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 6:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Kathy 75lbs in 6 months!! WOW! Congrats!

I would use the first 2 posters ideas, I've been going to the gym about 3 days a week. And trying to watch food intake. Its only been a couple of weeks so no results yet. I hope you lose what you want I have a goal to lose 50lbs by October, thats when we want to try for another baby!!!

GL!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• You don't need a diet. You just need to change your lifestyle to a healthier one. That means excersising 30 minutes a day, eating three well balanced meals a day, cutting out soda, cutting out excessive snacking, and eating small portion sizes. If you maintain this healthy lifestyle you'll be able to lose that weight. Remember you lose inches before lbs and muscle weighs more then fat. Which means the scale will show a gain or maintain the same number due to the gain in muscle. That doesn't mean you're not losing weight.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you and hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Start moving; do some sort of exercise, even walking, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least three times a week. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight. You will have more energy. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Ea

Answer by rkoloms at 7:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Ya need to work out there is just no way around it, at least 3 times per week & watch your calories & try to eat every 3 hours like a healthy snack to keep your metabolism going.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I lost 57 lbs in 9 months by eating well, counting calories, weighing my food, drinking only coffee and water, and working out intensely 6 days per week.
    I started on 12/4/09 at 5'1", 167 lbs and a size 12. By September 2010, I was 110 lbs and a size 0 and had lost over 46" off my body.
    A lifestyle change is in order not a diet.
    Come check out the Healthy Weight Loss group.. it is full of encouragement and tips.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011