How much longer before i have my baby if im 2cm, 60%, and lost my mucus plug also they cld feel the babies head?

ADW85

Asked by ADW85 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Well, I was 2-3cm and 80% for 3 weeks until I was induced... I also lost my mp 3 weeks prior to my induction.... So, my answer would be any day now, up to a couple of weeks!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 6:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• That's not an exact indicator. I was 5 cm for two months with one, and 3 to 4 with my other babies for months. It's normal to start dialating before birth, and losing your mucus plug can happen months ahead, and it can regenerate itself. It is standard during a pelvic exam to be able to feel the babies head. They can actually push on it to see if it's still got water floating or if it's engaged.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I was 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced for a few MONTHS with my first son, so unfortunately, it's NO indicator of when you will go into labor. However, it is a good sign that you're body is preparing for labor and it might even makes things easier for you :)
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Any day now
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011