Are you happy with the balance of chores in your house

or do you think one of you needs to do more?

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 7:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm happy with how our boys help out. They clean up their messes, and all I have to do is vacuum their room.. They all help out and it's pretty well balanced in the rest of the house.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 7:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'm happy - I take care of the household chores and homeschool our kids. Hubby takes care of yard work, home repairs and finacially supports us. It works well for us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yeah as long as I have time to do them all. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• my kids are too young to do anything of real value but they keep their personal spaces and playroom nice.

my husband and I it's totally not balanced. He does more than me most of the time. We try and balance each other out but because he's the only driver alot of the errands, shopping, etc eat up his days off.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:12 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• There is no balance. It's all weighted to my end.
    Anonymous

• With my husband? He doesn't do chores. Getting him to take out the garbage or cut the grass is like pulling teeth. He basically refuses to help and expects the kids to pick up the slack. We do all the cleaning (mostly me). I do the yard work, dishes, laundry, most of the house cleaning, cooking, etc. The kids clean their rooms and do small chores around the house and take the trash out. My husband goes to work and plays video games.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I'm happy - I take care of the household chores and our son's needs. My husband takes care of the home repairs, car repairs and finacially supports us. We both take care of the yard work & gardening and our son is beginning to take on more household & yard chores as he's developmentally ready. It works for us.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• no im not happy about how inconsistent it is. i will clean more, then give up, then he will clean. we trade off, but it still feels unstable. a little cleaning a day keeps the doctor away. i repeat A LITTLE!
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 3:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2011