Do you cook foods that you don't eat?

For example, my husband likes liver, I have never had it, don't know how to prepare it, and am not interested in learning. Would you try just cause he likes it?

*I told him he could always order it from restaurant.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 7:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I think liver smells good when you cook it but I would never eat it. Bleck. Seems gross to be eating something that filters waste out of a body. Any way...I make boxed mac n cheese all the time & never eat it. I dont like it.
    Anonymous

• yeah,brussel sprouts and broccoli

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Liver has the most unpleasant smell there is, I do cook foods that I don't ever eat, I am a vegetarian and I cook meat for my son and mom who are not.

Answer by older at 7:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yeah, pass on liver for sure. But my mom likes it. I am not a meat eater but I cook it for my family.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• My husband loves ribs and I don't but I will cook them for him.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think that just as a nice gesture for him I'll do it my mom used to marinate the liver with green lime juice some orange juice and chopped onions and then fry it in a fry pan using the juices instead of oil and adding a pinch of salt it will taste good like steak .
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Liver is awful. When I was little my uncle made me eat it. He said to mask the taste with ketchup but that didn't help.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Alot of things my kids eat I wont eat. Like boiled chicken or plain grilled breasts. Or dif. kinds of nut butters and hummus.

My DH loooooooooooves cabbage. I've tried to cook it for him a few times and it wasn't too his liking. He makes it himself and stinks up the whole house. I've never tried it and never ever will
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:06 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Liver is one of the few things I would refuse to cook, just the sight of it makes me sick. For me, it's the most repulsive food available. But, to answer your question, yes I do cook things I don't eat. My husband and younger daughter both enjoy fried fish, potato soup, may cake (made with miracle whip), beans, and other nasty foods. I make these things for them, and eat leftovers of something else or a bowl of cereal.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• allllllll the time
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 27, 2011