Trying to get pregnant any suggestions?

I had my mirena removed on oct. 29th, and everyday since nov 10th I have been testing for ovulation, and still nothing. Ami trying too hard? my first child was concieved while on the patch, but not with my husband. i think i am going to loose my mind. we want to have a baby so bad. any help will be appreciated. Thanks!!

heather039

Asked by heather039 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Dont worry too much about it. Give it a month or two and then you should start ovulating on schedule again. Once you have your monthly its also easier to know. You count 14 days from the first day of your period and that should be the first day you ovulate. Hope that helps.

Answer by gemgem at 1:21 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• when you have been on b/c it takes a while for your hormones to return to normal they stay in your system for a while. You havnt had it out very long so just be patient and stop trying so hard. you;ll get pregnant as soon as you stop stressing over it. let your body get back into a ruitine you cant expect to get pregnant just a month after taking out your b/c
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• It can take a while for your cycle to kick back into gear. I think you are jumping the gun here. Once you have your first period you'll be able to start tracking your cycle to figure out your most fertile times. Until that happens, who knows... it could be today, it could be a month from now. And in the meantime you'll be spending a fortune on ovulation predictor kits.

Have you ever heard of tracking your basal body temperature and your vaginal secretions to determine your fertile times? You might like that method. And other than purchasing a thermometer when you first start, it's free. I always know when I'm fertile, and I've never used one of those kits.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 1:25 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• try this cool site for natural herbs and vitamins to help
    http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/herbs.html
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 1:58 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• getting pregnant in general can be complicated obviously because youre only fertile for a shot period of time during the month. theres this method called "natural family planning". it can be used for natural birth control, and for an aid for you to know your most fertile days. its really interesting. friends of my family use this method and they have six kids because they wanted them and used this method. i hope im not sounding like an infomercial lol. i just think its extremelu interesting. heres a link to a site that tells you all about it, and if you google it there are a ton more! good luck!!!

http://www.bygpub.com/natural/natural-family-planning.htm
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:59 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• My Ob told me to wait at least, at least!, one full cycle before trying to get prego after I had my mirena out..
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 3:41 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• For an average woman with no problems it takes an average of 6 months to get pg. It can take up to 18 months to get back to normal after bc. You defintly wait 3 months before starting to try to make sure the hormones and everything is back to normal levels. You can start doing you basil body temperatures. You can go to http://www.fertilityfriend.com you can also get the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility. It is amazing!! Temping tells you when you o and if you use feritlityfriend you can keep track when you o and when you have sex and all of the fertile signs and symptoms. good luck
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 20, 2008