When you have placenta previa.....

can you bleed from that. cause im bout to be 34 weeks tomorrow and im bleeding. and im in early labor too.

Tricia737

Asked by Tricia737 at 7:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Do you have placenta previa right now (ie. the placenta never moved up and away from the cervix so you are scheduled for c-section?) If so, you need to call your doctor and get to the hospital right away- it's not safe to be in labour with the placenta still covering the cervix. If you had placenta previa in the past but it has moved up and out of the way, it's not considered previa anymore... but please let your doctor know anytime you have bleeding!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• you need to call your doctor

placenta previa - yes of course, are you guessing that is it?? docotor should have known this with a scan

CALL NOW, early labor and bleeding, get off computer and call
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• cause this is my first time bleeding with this pregnancy. and i told my doctor that im having contractions that are 3-4 minutes apart. and i told him that im having a lot of pelvic pressure. and that im bleeding. i went to the er Feb. 18th and they said i was dilated to 3 cm. and im still having very strong contractions. the people in the er just sent me home the same day and said to keep an eye on the contractions.
    Tricia737

Comment by Tricia737 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Stay out of the ER and go to Labor and Delivery. Call your OB and find out what (s)he would like you to do.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I had the same thing. Doctor out put me in the hospital, complete bed rest.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 1:50 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Bed Rest
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:08 PM on Mar. 8, 2011