Would you say something if you found out a close person to you didnt aprove of your so?

So my df& I have problems like mosr couples do& my sis n I always tell each other whats going on, Well the other day my niece was at my house& she noticed i was a little upset.She asked me what was wrong& i told her nothing bad just that i was upset w/my df but not to worry about it, everything was okay.Then she tells me that she knows, that her mom isnt happy w/us being together& cant understand why were getting married but that i love him & that she has no choice but to accept it.First of all i was shocked because df& I are having financial problems but not to the pint to where it gets bad, yea we pay our bills a few days late but thats it, it has never gotten to the point to where our cars are getting repoed or were getting evicted , that would be a good reason for her not to like him& not want us to get married, i mean if that was going on Id understand how she felt about him.Another thing was that my sis n her dh have more problems than we do& i have never thought they should get a divorce.Idk it just hurt my feelings that she would think of him in this way& she n I are so close, were sisters& shes my best friend.Evrytime she sees my df she smiles & gives him a hug, i always thought she loved him.I want to tell her thats its not right for her to think of him this way because he hasn't given her a reason to, then i want to just let it go,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Relationships

• It's her opinion, she can't change the way she feels. If she treats him ok , I would just let it go. If she starts to treat him badly you might want to say something.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I would talk with her about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I say everyone is entitled to an opinion and that we should ignore them. I have had people tell me we are the worst couple and need to split up then I have others tell me we are the cutest couple in the world. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and don't have to agree with it!
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 7:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• She may be jealous. Talk to her about how it makes you feel.
    Anonymous

• She's your sister so I'm sure you can talk to her you need to know what she has against your fiance,,,,maybe she is jealous and wants him herself you never know honey.
    Even if she doesn't like him she should support you and your decision as you do hers so yes talk to her....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No it has nothing to do w/being jealous, trust me my sister loves her man & everyone knows it,
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Feb. 28, 2011