Question about depo

Do you ovulate while on Depo?? I know this may sound really stupid especailly since I'm currently ON depo. I used to be on depo for about 5yrs..stopped had a couple kids and am now on depo again. I'm due for my next inj. in about 3wks.
Today I've been having some cramping and I almost feel like I'm gonna start my period or something. I've had a couple people joke that it could be a sign of pregnancy but then someone else said that i could just be ovulating? I've never had this happen in all the years that I've been on the shot so I was just wondering...any one have any ideas????

Dabugg698

Asked by Dabugg698 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 20, 2008 in Health

• well i was on the depo for a long time myself and never had any bleeding so im assuming i never ovulated how ever i think its possible i had a friend who was on depo and she did get pregnant. all you can do is wait and see and at your next inj ask if they can do a pregnancy test first cuz your concerned. good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 20, 2008