Circumcision*

I have 3 girls so I dont know much about this.. but I thought most babies in the states were circumcised.. am I wrong? I am due in a month with a boy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Blah about sensation..DH had his done at the age of 27. He says sex is better now!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We have no plans to do so. Generally it's for religious grounds or hygenic reasons, but it also takes alot of the man's sensation away...
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It use to be this way, now the insurance companies are not paying for the procedure and now all of the sudden it is not done on a regular basis. I don't think it is necessary, there is a reason for the foreskin.

Answer by older at 7:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Only 30% of boys in the US are circ'd these days and the numbers are dropping because they now know it's not needed and there are no health benefits. "It's cleaner" "less infection" just old wives tales and it's hard to break habit when it's so ingrained in our culture. We left our son intact... just like we wouldn't take out his tonsils at birth because he MIGHT have problems down the road (which are unlikely) we won't take perfectly healthy and functioning tissue off his penis either.
    Let your son make his own choices on his own body....
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2011

• I think it's becoming less common than it was. In any case, it's the parents' choice.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• both my boys are circumcised. just a choice.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It seems that it is done less and less these days. My niece and a bunch of her friends are against doing it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• More and more people are pulling away from it except for religious reasons. LOL at the taking away the sensation. I know several men who would call bulls**t on that one. And yes, they have experienced it both with and without.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think its being done less and less. That being said it is up to you. I think you should research it carefully and decide what you feel is best for your son.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yeah, I've always wondered about the "sensation" thing. Like who would really be able to compare circumcised sex to uncircumcised sex anyway? But I do know of one man who converted to a religion and was circumcised as an adult. ( Not on close enough terms to ask for a comparison from him!)

And I remember growing up in a small high school where only one of the boys in gym clas WASN'T circumcised and was teased about it from the other boys. Kids are so mean about some things!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 7:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011