Is circumcision something you wouldnt do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would have most surely gotten it done if I had a son. My husband had a hard time getting himself circumsized at the age of 27. It was major surgery with general anesthesia. His is still angry with his mother for not getting it done as an infant. BTW...he said sex is much better now!
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 7:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• IMO its not really needed. But to each their own.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 7:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• we have 3 boys and none of them were circumcised. we felt it was not necessary. i couldn't have my girls ears pierced either :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• We have two boys, and we didn't feel it was necessary. DH is not either.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• There is no medical benefit to have it done. It is not medically necessary! Yes,I have done research too!!!! I also work in a hospital! Thank u! Also I have a son and he is fully intact and not in any way mutilated. My research showed it is also a form of mutilation.
    Anonymous

• If we had a boy hubby would have wanted it done, because he is. I don't really get it, to me it's unnecessary, but I would have respected his wishes.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• No, I would not, but then I don't have a penis. lol. Sorry, couldn't help it.

I researched this quite a bit when I was pregnant with my son. There are pros and cons to both sides and both sides are quite nuts about it, so if you are talking to a die hard from either side, please take it with a grain of salt. I spoke to several pediatricians directly and also did research online and ultimately decided TO circ....
    Anonymous

• you know I only have girls so i am one of the people you can ask this question to. If i were to have a baby I would do all the research about the pros and cons to both. Then I would make a decision. I still don't know EXACTLY what I would do but I have an idea.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 7:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• DS is circumcised, but if we didn't want him to be circumcised we wouldn't have found out he had hypospadias.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 7:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I never really cared either way so I defaulted to my SO on this one. We are having our son in May. My SO put it like this- "I had enough complexes growing up that it was really a huge relief to me when I started going to gym class and seeing everyone else's and then later when I found porn that I noticed- HEY! Mine looks like just about everyone else's!"

So I told him that if it was that big of a deal to him then we would do it.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 7:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011