Why the hostility???

Ladies...what's up here??
Why all the hostility in the adoption section?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Adoption

• Welcome to the world of Cafe Mom - hostility is always somewhere.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• What kind of hostility? What r they saying?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It is what the first poster said.
    WARNING

Answer by WARNING at 7:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I don't typically read the adoption questions as I have not put a child up for adoption or have been adopted. If I see the question on the 'new questions' I might read it as I have friends that have adopted and friends that have been adopted and friends that have placed a child up for adoption.

It seems to me like there are some people who are truly against adoption. I don't know what their reasons maybe, but these individuals are very verbal and malicious about expressing their feelings.

Personally, I feel sorry for those people. They can not see the love of the people who are involved in the adoption process and that's sad.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Dont know specifics- but you can pretty much count on some people getting their panties in a wad at some point on this site. Whenever that happens to me, I close the ques. & just move on. I have also found if I reword the question as politically correct as I can possibly be, then I get a different or more positive outcome. GL :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:50 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• good question.
    dragonqueen

Answer by dragonqueen at 9:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Oh is that where the hostility is today? I was wondering why I wasn't getting any hate mail today, lol.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Because adoption is filled with passion, pain, loss, grief, joy, exhilaration...you name it - adoption runs the spectrum of emotions. Because there are strong opinions of domestic adoption, international adoption and foster care. The never ending debate about which avenue should perspective couples take and which form of adoption is ethical. Or the question of is any form of adoption ever ethical. This section is filled with birth parents, adoptees, and adoptive parents. Each have a different point of view and experience they want to share. When a woman attacks adoption it feels personal to the woman on the other end who is an adoptive parent. She may be parenting a child who she received with bruises and burn marks, a soul that was scarred and a child who was sexually assaulted in every way possible. For that mom, she will rip the eyes out (gladly) of any other person who defends what was

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• defends the abusers who did that to that child. OR the parents who take in a medically fragile child who was born with or crack in her system....not to pleased to hear someone say this child should be with a birth family that wasn't supportive during pregnancy. Nor a parent who held the hand of a middle aged woman giving birth to her sixth child and knowing she will once again be homeless after she leaves the hospital - so she places her baby with an adoptive family. There are so MANY stories. But each one is sacred to each woman. There are many stories equally of pain, grief, loss of the birth mothers who were promised openness and then the realization that this was not fulfilled is horrible. And unimaginable.  While my heart goes out to all familes - this is not an easy place to visit for some people.  Especially if you are searching for answers.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Some people are troubled, it is as simple as that.
    2ndtimewish

Answer by 2ndtimewish at 11:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2011