Can a scratch look like a hickey?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2011 in Health

• No
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:48 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Yes but observe it carefully bc if it's shaped like a quick scratch then it's a scratch but if it looks like a shape of a someone has been sucking of it more like a mouth. I doubt they can make it look like a scratch unless they are a pro at it. But yes I have had scratches like that but that is bc it did not cut the skin more like a deep graze...I guess :/
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• Not that I've ever seen, a hickey is a bruise, so if the scratch also had a bruise, it might.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• It looks like 2 lines that are now light brown. It's not round.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• On my husband it would. He has a blood clotting disorder and if he would scratch himself he would wind up with a huge bruise
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• I think it is possible. I once had a scratch on my neck that I got from a zipper. It looked like a hickey, but I know if wasn't.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• yes, so can a spider bite, so can a cooking burn . Speaking from experience.I have a now permanent scar on my neck that was oil that splashed up when I was sauteing something. For an entire month it looked like a huge hickey. purple and all.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2011